Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Not far from here... a few hours by car, many more by foot. The desert looms. I wish I'd taken this-- this is the only photo posted that I have not taken. I was leaving LA a few years back. Lost, stolen, broken (when am I not?). I came to wander here, as I do. Joshua Tree. I found this memory card among the rocks. Found it because I slipped while responding to an emaciated coyote watching me. On the card, photos of a campfire, the night sky and this magic that crystallizes at any given moment out here where they sky meets your expectations without irony. And exceeds them. Tried to return the card at the ranger station. No takers. No callers. Took it as a sign. Didn't have a camera for some reason. Left in a fiery blur of wildflowers in my wake. And on to Flagstaff, Sedona and more expectations summarily met...

No comments: